We hope you are all enjoying the good running weather we have be fortunate to enjoy over the past couple weeks! By now you should have your running legs rolling a little bit in preparation for this weeks Virtual Run! Here are a couple points we just wanted to clarify with you before you head on out for your run!
- If you are planning on picking up a package for more than 1 person feel free to send us a quick note so we know how many people are going to participate from a single household. You can respond to this email.
- SWAG! We have a cool pair of sunglasses, a bag, a LIFEROCKS Dog tag, some BASE energy gels, a snack, and your finisher medal available for pick up via a “Drive Thru” style pick up at Gord’s Running Store.
- To clarify 30 KM participants do 2 loops of the same 15km lap.
- Parking is available at St. Patrick's Island Park. If you have raced with us before- this is the same area as where we traditionally have held our “Life Rocks 5km” event. This area is also referred to at Confluence Plaza on google.
- We choose this course as it was much quieter and had less foot traffic than any place closer to downtown to try and keep our athletes safe. Naturally we wanted to go back to our old course around the Glenmore Reservoir, however it has been extremely busy lately with a crazy amount of bike and foot traffic. We are choosing to keep our athletes running in a area that is pretty flat, scenic and quiet.
- Remember this is an Out-and-Back Course! Watch your GPS (if you are using one) and once you see the turn around point, head back the same way you went out -to the same point that you started.
- We are fortunate to live in a city that open access to pathways during this period. We ask that if you are participating in this challenge- and you wish to have some company from someone from a different household- that you stagger your start by a minimum of 2 minutes and that you don’t run “with” that person. Why not send the faster runner off last and chase? Please continue to follow the provinces physical distancing guidelines.
- The Start / Finish line is in a bit of a higher traffic area so it may not be clearly marked. The Memorial Drive sign (photo attached) is directly inline with the point we started the STRAVA Segment from.
All the best and we cant wait to see how your run goes. Thanks so much for running with us!